Each Sunday at 9 am we offer the opportunity for adults to learn in small group settings. Below are our current classes:
- Come and See—Ongoing—This series will follow the current sermon series on the Gospel of John with further study and discussion to review what we’ve studied as a church and dig deeper together.
- Your Time-Starved Marriage—March 3 - 24—How to stay connected at the speed of life. Reclaim your time together in the midst of the craziness. Discussion series with video teaching clips by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott. Facilitated by Pastor Paul. Registration is required. Limited to seven couples. Cost: $15.00 per couple. Workbooks will be supplied.
- Baby D—March 10 - 17—This Milestone gathering is for families wishing to dedicate their children. We want to celebrate with you and equip you as the primary faith trainers of your children. Please contact Laurie Oliver Boyd if interested in attending. This class is offered two times per year.
- First Steps—March 24 - April 7—See below in "Interested in Membership?" for more information on these classes.
- Financial Peace University—April 7 - June 16 (skipping 4/21 & 5/26)—Debt is a thief! Take back your life! Defeated by your empty bank account? Paycheck-to-paycheck living is no longer an option. Dave Ramsey and his team of financial experts will teach you how to take control of your money. Register by purchasing your supplies in advance at https://fpu.com/1084851. Contact Ryan Beach with questions.
Family Care Workshops
The Journey: Divorce Support for Teens: Mondays, 608, February 25 - May 20
DivorceCare: Mondays, 6-8 pm, January 28 - May 6
GriefCare: Mondays, 6-8 pm, January 28 - May 6
Register here for all family care workshops.
Chapel Hill is providing opportunities for these workshops to help our church family, friends, and neighbors that are traveling
through crisis to find help for their hurts, discover hope for the future, and experience God's healing. Email Family Care with any questions.
Additional Family Care Opportunities:
Loss of a Spouse Workshop: One time workshops to provide hope and help for those grieving the loss of a spouse. Workshops coming up on May 13 and August 19. Registration for the May 13 workshop is open now.
Celebrate Recover: Celebrate Recovery is coming to Chapel Hill Church in the Fall of 2019. Join us for a general information meeting if you are interested in learning about serving within this ministry. The meeting is on April 1 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm at Chapel Hill. Participants will gather information about available roles, see the schedule, and have the opportunity to ask questions. Watch for more information in the coming months if you are interested in participating in this group. If you have any questions, please contact Family Care.
A Night of Encouragement with Jason Gray
April 5, 7-9 pm - Tickets Here
We all have pain in our lives and we all need to be encouraged. Family Care Ministries is excited to invite you to a night of "Acoustic Storytime - Finding Hope and Encouragement through Stories and Songs" This will be an interactive, conversational-style worship session led by Jason Gray. Tickets are $10. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Interested in Membership?
First Steps is a series of classes designed for those who are interested in becoming members. All are welcome, even if you are just looking to find out more about us.
- March 24 - Foundations: What We Believe
- March 31 - Flourish/Family
- April 7 - Fieldwork/Final Steps
If interested in membership, you can follow up with a signed covenant, immersion baptism, and sharing your testimony with an elder. Contact the office anytime for more information.
Young Adults Night
This is a fun and focused time for recent grads, typically ages 18-23, to get together with Pastor Jamie for prayer and learning. Contact Pastor Jamie with questions.
Adventure Game Community
Saturdays, 5:30 - 9:30 pm, for adults only.
(Fridays for ages 10 with parents and up - See Calendar for dates.)
Fantasy Genre like Lord of the Rings/Hobbit/Chronicles of Narnia Interactive group playing game using dice and a created character. Big imaginations welcome! This group will meet once or twice a month - watch for follow up dates.
Looking for donations of game pieces, dice, small plastic animals, scrabble pieces, etc. If you are looking to get rid of anything like this, please contact Pastor Jamie.
PRAYER REQUESTS & PRAISES
Prayer Letter—Every Sunday we collect prayer requests and email them to regular attenders who have committed to pray.
Contact the office to be added to mailing list or if you have a prayer request.
Wednesday Nights—6:30-8 pm—Every Wednesday night (except during the month of August) a prayer group gathers at Chapel Hill. Feel free to just show up or contact Caroline Picone with any questions.
Urgent/Emergency Prayer Chain—At Chapel Hill we want to bring your urgent prayer requests to the Lord as soon as possible. Contact the office for more information. Send urgent requests to Caroline.
Home Groups are important at Chapel Hill for the simple reason that fellowship is important. The deep connections with other
believers that are fostered in Home Groups is foundational and instrumental in the spiritual growth of believers. Read Acts 2:42-347 for how impactful fellowship was in the new church. To choose a Small Group, consider your needs and schedule, then look on the slat board near the church office for a group that might work for you. You can also contact the Mark & Kim Klayum to get connected to a group.